Wednesday, March 25, 2009

well, hello there.

I read Steph's post last week, but the only thing I can remember about it was her saying that she had to do lots of dishes. And so I just have to clarify that while she cooks me delicious things like breakfast burritos and fried tomato sandwiches and dirties many of the said dishes herself with her multiple glass habit and her ability to always choose a cooking vessel that's always just a little too small, she does not usually do the dishes. I do. Anyway.

It is a little difficult getting back into the habit of blogging. I used to have a xanga (gasp! how high school!) and I would use it to vent my frustrations and basically as therapy for myself. Until Steph found it, and then I would write things to make her happy.

On the bad news front blowing out of the west, I did not get into the grad program that I wanted at UNC and had a minor meltdown this weekend, one that involved the typical overwhelming feeling of rejection that promted the somewhat hysterical sobbing, followed by the absolute resolution that my life had just dead ended. Of course, thats not really the case, but its easy to be dramatic when you get a rejection letter in a crappy window envelope that you can't even recycle. I tore up the letter to make me feel better (much like I did when I recieved a D on a Brit Lit exam-- quite calmly), though I am regretting it now, and thinking about fishing it out of the recycling bin, piecing it back together to frame on the wall, a sort of perverse piece of motivation.

As of late I've been crazy busy with trying to get my etsy store off the ground, but things keep getting pushed off, mostly due to freelance work (I'm working on a logo and business papers for www.CakewalkCarrboro.com), but also to blame is procrastination and lack of sleep. And perhaps a little apprehension. The rain this week thats rolling into the weekend will certainly not help matters, and will probably hold off the etsy photo shoot. More time to build up inventory!

So, what do you think of our title? We do eat very well, even if we do look like scavengers when we approach the reduced for quick sale rack. We found an even better one than the one at the HT in Carrboro; turns out the people in Meadowmont are just too uppity to buy slightly damaged produce. Yay for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment