


It's over, sadly, gladly- I'm not really sure even what to think- mainly because I can't think at all. Above are pictures from each of my rotations, an overlay of single polymerizing actin filaments, a cluster of cells grown in a 3D matrix immunostained for a polarity marker and montage of a timeseries: a cell undergoing release from monastrol treatment and subsequently processing through mitosis (cell divsion).
While the research was important, and the resources were fantastic- it's really the people that made it great for me here- above is most of the people i ran with and i'll certainly miss them.
I'm currently taking a bioimaging class and it's really fascinating the kind of images you can take nowadays. I loved using the confocal to do z stacks and a 3D reconstruction of some spiky pollen grain. It's just fancy, but I can't really think of any proper application (at least in my area). :)
ReplyDeleteI wish there would be more microscopy involved in my project, but we're just interested in: is the cell green or not? boring!! :(