
I admit, I am not the primary dishwasher in the house. This is a point of no contest.
On to recent events. We've had a lovely weekend. It was about 67 with spots of bright sunshine today, which was more than welcome after what feels like more than a week of cool rain and weather of a generally frumpy disposition. The image above can attest to what it's felt like around here, it was taken by our friend Riley on thursday. He does great work.
Yesterday was a fantastic day. We picked up Kelly and Matt at around 10 to head to the bi-annual fabric sale at the Scrap Exchange. The Scrap Exchange is a shop in Durham that is pretty much amazing. Twice a year they open their warehouse space for a crazy fabric sale. From 10-1 crafty women (and Matt and some guy with a Beagle) rummaged through giant boxes of fabric samples, left overs, and swatchbooks. It was kind of like supermarket sweep and was way more intense than any of us were anticipating. We left with two bags the size of 10 year olds, for 14$. From the experience I have concluded that all fabric people are odd. At least the ones in Durham. Yes, I will not refute the fact that we were there and are subject to that label as well.
Bottom line, it was crazy. The level of clutter and the musty smell reminded me of the barn store. We left at 1, and Linda spent the afternoon folding and organizing. I have to give her lots of credit- at this point we were both mentally shot and she plowed on...
My insightful realization is that Kelly and Matt are like the Shoemakers. Let me put that in context for those who are not familiar with my reference. My parents have one other set of friends when you don't count siblings and church, the Shoemakers. Please do not misconstrue, this is a good thing- the Shoemakers are pretty much like family. Now, I came to this realization for two reasons- we spent the morning on sat with them and then went on a double date that night bowling followed by margaritas and rockband that ended at 2 am, and weren't tired of their company. Which is saying a lot. And #2, our exchanges remind me more and more of Harold and Mike- mildly inappropriate.
That's about it. This week will be a busy work week for me as a member of my lab, Catarina is leaving for a post-doc in austria ( I get a good deal of her fly stocks), my undergrad is moving into the realm of molecular biology with his project (which means lots of supervision) and I spaced with lab duties this weekend to spend time at home ( which was totally worth it).
Jeff and Lori Miller are our Shoemakers. Although we have not seen them since the wedding. Totally get what you mean. We are finally having some fantastic weather here too. 62 today in Hershey! We spent the weekend getting our new sofa and making sure that we "held it down" sufficiently for the first 24 hour critical period. Ty is VERY thorough about this type of work...especially on a dreary overcast, tornado warning weekend. I think we can safely say the we LOVe the couch and it is definitly not going anywhere any time soon. Did you know that we got an even BIGGER TV?, if you thought that was possible..55" Shout out to the movie "twilight"...have either of you read the books yet?
ReplyDeleteNo, we have not read the books yet. I'm hoping to save them for a beach vacation weekend- that way i can just plow right through them all.
ReplyDelete