
After returning from a fantastic vacation, not much is new. Linda has started class, and is rapidly learning fantastic things about photoshop ( I'm glad one of us is functional with it). I've settled back into my work routine, but a little earlier now since Linda gets up earlier. it's rather nice to have a bit of quiet time before everyone else starts arriving. But that's about it. The garden is yielding an alarming amount of tomatoes, which means lots of pasta and bruchetta for us. In the end I think the tomatoes and beans were the most functional of our crop this summer. However, I must admit, that our tending has been wanting- hence the demise of the onions. No cucumbers this year, oddly enough. Last year we had more than we knew what to do with (i've just recently started to want to eat pickles again). I'm starting to brainstorm about the fall garden- and am sure it will include lots of greens.
Miss you guys, tomatos here in Pa have been effected with the blight- plants are big but turning yellow/brown- lots of small tomatoes but not many turning red-peppers are another story- fantastic! see you in Sept love dad
ReplyDeletewe had heard that the blight is bad, especially up north. Lately the plants have started to head downhill so I suspect the blight is upon us. sadly- but we got a lot out of the season this year. it's sad to hear about yours,especially since you built those fantastic cages!
ReplyDelete