



What a weekend.
Lori came to visit this past weekend and the course of our lives have changed. We are going to open a women's college. I shall be responsible for science and the cafeteria. Linda will take care of the English and Communications. Gina can do the Psych department. Betsy can run the nursing department and Jennifer can run the sports department. And of course, Lori will be the boss of us all.
If that fails we will write a cookbook entitled: Canoodling in the Kitchen.
Our star recipes:
12 hour spice cake
OH MY GOD i love VANILLA PUDDING!
baked kale
and of course,
Leaning tower of piza angel food cake.
I had a lovely afternoon on friday, spent amidst cook books with Lori, deciding what 12 million things we were going to bake. If I told you everything this entry would be too long. Sadly, there were only 48 hours and 3 bottles of Port. We did not get to the Creme Brulee, which may have saved us from a fat and cholestrol induced heart attack and hospital trip. 3 pints of whipping cream, 2 pints of buttermilk, one gallon of whole milk, about three sticks of butter, and 2 dozen eggs went into :butterscotch and vanilla pudding ( from scratch), buttermilk cinnamon ice cream ( with a custard base), spice cake, angel food cake ( a mild disaster) . The spice cake and puddings combined with canned pumpkin made up a lovely trifle. Which originally called for all store bought ingredients...but who likes easy?
We also spent a chunk of time on a craft item I cannot disclose here but will have to talk about later. It's a craft project that EVEN I LIKE. no. really.
It was lovely, and in the spirit of the most used phase of the weekend, "not awkward at all."
(especially not when compared to some of the things Linda said)
No comments:
Post a Comment